Recipe we used per this website 🙂
YIELD: 4-6 SERVINGS
TOTAL TIME: 20 MINUTES
- 1 lb Chinese egg noodles, or whole wheat spaghetti
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 organic red pepper, chopped
- 1 organic yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 organic green pepper, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger, chopped
- 2-3 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup fresh Thai Basil, optional
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 4 tsp arrowroot powder, or cornstarch
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
In a small bowl, with a wire whisk, mix the sauce ingredient and set aside.
Cook noodles according to package instructions. On the mean time, in a large skillet, over medium to high heat, add the oil and stir-fry the peppers, ginger and onions for 4-5 minutes or until tender.
Add the noodles and scallions, then add the sauce and heat for 1-2 minutes or until sauce as thickened. Add the basil if using and serve immediately.
** We added a delicious fried egg on top to complete this delicious dish 😀